The Other Guy...

Well I told of my spouse, now I will try to describe this other guy I just can't seem to get off my mind.

About 5 months before I met him my mom told me I needed to write down what I wanted in my ideal guy, so I wouldn't end up settling for less. I couldn't' believe how he matched every single aspect of my description to a perfect "T" (from his appearance, personality, and personal property), and at the time I didn't even know he existed and certainly wasn't looking for the perfect guy I thought I'd only find in my dreams.
We dated seriously for two years. My family adored him, and he adored my family. He still talks of how much he truly misses them, since he really did become part of my family. He has a great family, who loved me too. I'm not sure I can say the same about my current in-laws. I can't believe my family named their dog after him (not a bad thing)! I think my dad was the most upset when we broke up, which is amazing, because he never shows emotion and tends to be very cold. My dad definitely does not like my current spouse even though he accepts him and I know he still wishes we were together. Even my best friends all thought we would be together forever and still think we are supposed to be together (even though it contradicts their beliefs and mine).

Anyway, more about him. He is the most adventurous guy I've ever known. If the activity involves outdoors he more than likely loves it, especially if it includes a thrill. We share the same passion for adventure and the outdoors. He loves motorcycles, which I unfortunately despise. He also loves to hunt and fish which I could also do without. He still is uncertain what he wants to do with his life, primarily because something seems to be missing. He does have an amazing dream job with the military, but says it is only short term. He is currently engaged and has been for 2.5 years, I still don't think an actual wedding is planned. He told me today, he would drop her in a second for a chance to be with me.

His personality... He is by far the sweetest, down to earth guy I've ever known. Not one time did he ever dream of raising his voice with me. He never once said a rude or condescending remark or tried belittle my self worth. Even if he didn't enjoy something he would do it because I asked him to. He cooked for me and always did the dishes even though he hated doing them as much as I. He was always nice to others, and I didn't meet a person he didn't like aside from my current spouse. We never fought even once, but rather calmly discussed any disagreement. We were happy just to be in one another's presence. Any time he would come to visit me he would bring me flowers, even if it was only a single rose.

I still remember the first time he mentioned he could imagine himself being married to me, because the words went straight to my heart. We were lying in the dark under the stars talking in his truck and listening to "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. He told me to closely listen to the words and said he would give his life any day to save mine. At the time we had only known each other for about 8 months. To this day I still imagine myself having kids with him. He actually has dreams about us and our two little kids...the same dreams I have (irony or fate?). I want children more than anything, but just can't see myself having them with my spouse. Due to medical conditions I can't wait too long, because each passing month my chances of being a mother decrease, which only places more stress on an already trying situation. I really do need to make up my mind, for once children are involved I will not leave.

Iris
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

(Chorus) And I don't want the world to see me
'cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah I'd bleed just to know you're alive

(Chorus)
(Chorus)
(Chorus)

I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
~ Goo Goo Dolls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!