A Bad Rap...

I've never understood why people have to be so judgmental and stereotypical? It is very difficult for a sweet, petite, blond haired, blue eyed, woman to be taken seriously in all venues of the business world. People look at me like I am dumb all the time and I can't stand their infantile treatment. I know I would be given significantly more respect if I just dyed my hair brown to appease the business world. I must work at least twice as hard to earn respect from those I work with or encounter during my daily endeavors. Dang you blonds who act so ditzy!

I actually graduated in the top 3% of my class, probably higher if the level of recognition was documented below 3%. I wasn't the top student due to one class in which I received a measly 93%, because I was so ill the day of the final I couldn't even coherently read the test. Since I was 20, I've constructed a successful online bookstore, from which I've earned more in a month than my current post grad salary. I spend about 0-3 hours a week on the business which basically runs itself, although I have slacked on keeping up my inventory since I am so busy now. I thought about also starting an interior design business specializing in window treatments with an interior decorating/fabric store on the side. The business would take off in no time in my current location, but I don't want to start a business when I have plans of moving back to my home state. I am an entrepreneur at heart and so is my spouse. He wants to start a construction company or a business specializing in concrete countertops. I guess we will wait to see what the future brings. Oh, and did I mention I am incredibly resourceful. I invent new ideas from old ones and am an excellent researcher, which will definitely help in the business world. Hmmm...what to do?

I've noticed most women refrain from referring to their positive qualities, why...? Be proud of who you are and don't look back!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The sad thing is, the blondes that act so ditzy are probably bleached blondes, too. Hmm, maybe that's the connection? It's the chemicals in the dye that make them so stupid.

You should write a book about running your own business. Lot's of people would like to have a successful business that only takes a couple hours of work per week to supplement our income. That book would really sell!
Soul Searching said…
I can't stand the chicks in corporate america who choose to CRY at work! I think that's even worse than the blondes, but maybe because I am blonde and haven't had any trouble proving that we're not all stupid...but the crying thing is a bitch. it seems like once ANY girl at work cries the men are suddenly reminded that we have emotions and they freak out! Girls, for the love of soul PLEASE STOP CRYING AT WORK!!!

And I agree with network geek that you should write a book! I was just saying at the office today that I'd loooove to find a business opportunity like that.

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Think Happy Thoughts....?