Forever, When You Were Mine…

Forever, When You Were Mine…
I will never be able to drown out the sweet simplicity of the past.
Forever I long for the moments that last in time when you were mine.
Unfortunately, I failed to cherish those times,
which I now regard essential to my very existence.
My once sweet bliss has become fundamental to my very presence;
I must say savoring one moment gives me the strength to go on another day.
What I would give to take part in the memories in my heart
when you were mine, for only a brief second in time.
Occasionally, to my favor, I am given a limited yet satisfying taste to savor in my dreams.
But I pray they would leave me so I could possibly forget and maybe carry on as I should… if only I could.
However, in the end I secretly revel in their essence and pretend I am in some other life.
I often strive to ponder how differently my situation might be;
all the what ifs could eat me alive.
I wonder if you struggle with the same thoughts,
but I am fraught because questions of the sort resemble a forbidden, yet sweet fruit.
And even if they weren’t,
the truth would be more forbidden,
and as I fear, will forever remain hidden in my shattered heart.
I hope someday I will start to find peace …
before I turn old and gray…
I can only say come what may…

~ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!