Awkward Stares...

Last night G and I went to Roy's (Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine)...all I can say is yum! It seems like everyone vacations to Vegas, Hawaii, or California, so I HIGHLY recommend trying this restaurant. My favorites include the Hawaiian Martini, the Alaskan halibut with Bourshin tortellini, and the melting hot chocolate souffle. Order the Prix Five if on a budget to get an appetizer, main dish, and the amazing hot chocolate souffle for one low price. For the quality of cuisine, the prices are very reasonable... especially when compared to G's favorite restaurant- Mastro's (plan to drop your mortgage payment). I guess the steak is unbeatable though...I can't say since I usually go for sea food. Ok, enough about food or I might have to go eat some more.

Now, the real reason I'm writing a post...
After dinner, while chatting in the lobby, G asked me why I was staring at him so awkwardly. I was actually zoning out and trying to look at G from an outsider's perspective. I think when with someone for so long I become desensitized to the qualities I first loved about that person ie. G's appearance. I remember how sexy I thought he was when we first met, yet seem to have lost the spark and appeal for his appearance somewhere in between. Usually if I see a guy half as attractive as G, I think to myself..."oh, he's cute (or whatever)". After explaining my awkward staring to G, he agreed with me and said a study was done on the topic. I guess it takes 3 years (on average) to loose physical attraction or to become desensitized to someone's appearance. After my revelation I completely wanted G. Unfortunately we were both too tired and full from dinner. From an "sensitized" perspective, I think G is definitely one of the most attractive guys I've ever seen. I guess I need to take advantage of my new viewpoint, which may ignite the spark we seem to have lost somewhere along the way.

Comments

brian luenemann said…
I had heard a similar thing. The chemical cocktail of hormones and such in your brain after "falling in love" can last up to 2-3 years. Until then, you are not in your right mind. J told me that right before we started dating and to not expect to marry her until after then. If we as a society were more patient and waited a couple years before people made the decision to get married, we'd have a lot less divorce.
Hope you guys get that spark back.
brian luenemann said…
Hey SftA,
Are you having blog issues? When I visit, the most recent post doesn't show up and the "transferring data from.." bar on the bottom of my screen starts flipping out. I'm not having that problem with any other blog.
I guess I must be? I don't know. It comes up ok on my computer, but has been very slow. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Think Happy Thoughts....?