Nothing Really New...

Well I started my job on Monday and it is going surprisingly well. I think I will really enjoy the work, aside from altering my positive outlook on life and people. I can't believe some of the horrific things humans can do to one another. Some things are so inconceivable one would only think they would be found in the confines of a sick and twisted sci fi novel, but the sad reality truly exists. I am not looking forward to 6 weeks of training at an institute though. It will be college all over again, but at least I am getting paid. I am so excited about being able to support myself and no longer being dependent upon my spouse. If we were to break up I think I would stay where I am for at least 5 years instead of moving home with my family (whom I dearly miss). The department I work for offers a Master's program which I can apply for after attaining permanent status (1 yr). All my tuition and expenses would be paid, plus I would also receive 80% of my salary to attend school full time (no work on the side either) in exchange for 2 years of service afterwards (total- 5 years). I would love to take advantage of the amazing opportunity, but I know my spouse wants to move out of state in 3 years or less. The opportunity for advancement within the department is also great. I could see myself being in a high management position in less than 5 years. Oh, did I mention the benefits are awesome as well. This job is better than anything I could ever have expected. The opportunities, benefits, potential for advancement, and salary are in the upper range for my field and experience.


My ex broke the silence a few days ago and said "Hey" to me on messenger, followed by "I guess you don't want to talk", and "see you later". I did want to talk, as I said hi a few days prior with no response. Unfortunately, I was away from my computer at the time and he was off line before I could respond. I've been trying to at least say hi, but I've been so busy lately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!