The Good, The Bad, The Bored....

Yesterday I thought I was going out of my mind. I really didn't know what to do anymore since I was completely bored out of my mind. I have done everything I could possibly do with my house including painting every single room, hand sewing blinds and drapes for every window, designing and decorating every room, not to mention planting over 50 plants in my yard, which is already landscaped. I don't have any friends or at least friends who aren't pregnant, since I stay home all day alone and recently relocated to the area. My husband is supposed to be my companion, but he is such a bore. He just wants to fall asleep the second he walks in the door, while I just want to get out of the house and do something semi amusing. So I have tons of pent up energy every day when he arrives home. It is so disappointing looking forward to doing something together when he just wants to sleep! So, in the midst of my boredom I spent 4+ hours on my front lawn, yes I know it is only 500 or less square feet. I reseeded, fertilized, watered, and oh...spent several hours hand picking crab grass on my hands and knees...fun, fun, fun!!! Yes, I just purchased 6 bottles of crab grass killer, but what fun would that be? Sometimes mindless tasks provide a venue for deep, undisturbed thought. I'm sure my neighbors 'thought' I am extremely anal about my lawn though. I at least got a kick out of the passer byers' faces.

So anyways, this morning I planned to blog about my boring life, but didn't get the chance. I'm glad I didn't speak too soon (as I usually do), because I finally received a job offer for a position I am actually interested in (yay, end to boredom). I can't believe my first job out of college is a great paying government job. I really wanted a government job due to stability, benefits, opportunity for advancement, and normal working hours, but didn't actually think I would find one considering I didn't have my foot in the door. So yay for me!!! One bad aspect though, I may have to travel out of town (200 miles) for 6 weeks of training. I would of course be reimbursed for all expenses, but still only have 1.5 days on the weekend to spend with my spouse. It may actually be good for our relationship though. Distance often makes the heart grow fonder. In addition I would get to spend a week in Vegas with my family whom I haven't seen in almost a year. If I were to stay in town for training I wouldn't get to spend the dearly needed time with my family, since the classes start one week earlier. I guess either way I will be fine with whichever location I must attend training.

I finally obtained a state drivers license today after procrastinating for almost one year, since the job requires me to have a valid state license, so now I am up to date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!