Work, Work, and More Work!

All I can say is work, work, work, work, work!!!!...I hate it! I finished up my intensive 9 week training last week and was placed in an office a good 25 miles from my house...all through a busy city, no interstate options on my commute. So my first day I worked 3 hours of over time and I don't even have a work load yet. I was astonished. My supervisor basically told me to get used to it. I looked at the schedule's of my coworkers whom informed me they hadn't been able to take a vacation in 2 years and I couldn't believe my eyes! So now everything in my being is screaming...quit this job!!! I dread going to work tomorrow. Part of me wants to give it a chance and work there at least 6 mo so I can put it on my resume, but at what expense? I really need to spend quality time with G right now as we are going through a difficult time in our relationship, I need to work out, and damn, I need a vacation already. Family is my first priority and work my last; I can see work easily becoming the only thing I live and breathe. I want to quit, but the money is nice, as we made a huge dent in my student loan this month, plus added a lot to savings and paid for our vacation in August. We are also thinking about upgrading to a new house. Our mortgage would stay the same or be less than what it is now, so I really don't have to worry about a payment. I would definitely want to decorate it though.

Lately the thought of moving back to my home town has been consuming my thoughts. I picture my spouse and I moving there and starting a family. We would be close to our families as well. I could see myself having a life and we could take a pay cut, as we wouldn't have a house payment. I can't see myself anywhere but there! I don't know how it could happen though since G pretty much needs to be in a big city to find a job or have 5 more years of experience to even get a job in our beloved home state. All I can say is... I miss my family, I want to quit my job, I want to move home, I want to start a family, and I want a little puppy! That is all I want, am I asking too much?

On the other hand, G has other plans to make us millions. He wants to go back to school for an MBA and law degree, he would obtain both at the same time. Plus he would work, buy land and develop two lots, help build 2 huge houses and sell them. This is all in 3 years, which I don't find realistic at all. Then he wants to open his own construction company in one of the worst economic states. I don't hear family, or move home anywhere. I don't care about the money, but he does. I would be happy with the above, plus a lake house, which we could already afford. I wonder if I am missing something, because he wants to start a family NOW, but doesn't seem to think of the life we would bring a child into. I want to have my family close when we have kids, otherwise I don't want to have children at all.

I don't see myself being able to employ many of my self care strategies, such as blogging, exercising, spending time with family, etc, since I am so busy at work, so please bear with me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your writing is your best friend, few are as self-aware. Thank you for the insight and courage you have given me into my own life.

I would be on the next plane home.

Warmest Regards,

MM

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!