Wake UP Call.

A few days ago my old modeling agency called me out of the blue. Since we moved and I started working full time, I stopped caring about doing any type of acting/modeling. They asked me to do a catalog shoot next week and asked if I looked the same as my 2 year old pictures from my portfolio? I of course said YES! I'm not sure if they will call me back because I can only work 2 of the 3 days. I didn't even think to ask what kind of catalog, but have been thinking about how I used to look 2 years ago. I guess I don't look the same, as I've gained 10 lbs! I weigh as much as I did in high school and averaged 10-20 lbs less than I am now in college. Thus, I feel like a cow now and don't even want to do the shoot because I have to face my weight gain. I didn't sleep well last night and woke up at 3:30 am because I can't stop thinking about my weight and classes. I think the phone call made me realize I need to seriously consider my diet and start exercising again. If I'm not careful, I will continue to add 5 lbs a year until I am obese. I am getting older and obviously my metabolism is slowing, especially since I don't work out at all. I eat what ever I want whenever and rarely eat fruits or vegetables. Also, the temperature averages 80 degrees year round and I am so white. I look as if I haven't seen sun in years. I just don't care to become at risk for skin cancer because I want to look "good". If my agency calls me back I guess I will have to get a spray tan or something. It just seems like such a hassle, but I really think I need to take this opportunity if anything to become motivated to change my lifestyle.

I took G to the airport at 4:30 am and sat with him until 7 since he was helping me work on advanced algebra, which I seem to have forgotten in the last 6 years. I have a test today and think I will fail the advanced algebra part. I also need to take an exam tomorrow so I'm not stuck trying to take all my mid-terms the week I am recovering from my surgery. If I can pull it off, I will have completed the half way mark in 4 weeks instead of 7 for several of my classes.

G has an "interview" on Monday with the company in MT. It really isn't an interview since they already offered him the position. G has to prove he is worth the company paying him an above average salary for MT, and the company has to prove to G that they are worth him taking a 30-40% pay cut. The decision we make in the next week will change our lives forever! I'm trying not to stress about what happens.

I reassessed our budget over the last year and realized we can easily cut out 30k if we don't work on a house or have a mortgage. Thus, G's pay cut will possibly work. I listed our house on Craigslist fully furnished. It would be a miracle if we actually sold it since the housing market crashed. Not having to worry about packing and moving all of our stuff would be such a relief and save us so much money. Plus I could start all over- purchasing new items for our house, which I love to do.

Comments

brian luenemann said…
Two things:
1) Congratulations on the call for the photo shoot. Things out of the blue like that rarely happen without some meaning behind it. I do hope that you are still happy with yourself with 10 more pounds than you are use to have. If you don't mind me saying- I'm sure you're still beautiful with it as you were without it.
2) Was thinking about your potential move to MT the other day. From what I remember from an earlier post you have a condition that would make life hell for you if you were living in a cold climate. Has that crossed G's mind? I could see him taking it seriously if he was getting a 30% increase in pay, but getting that amount as a decrease? And still dragging you to a climate that could worsen your health? Are your best interests and well-being anywhere near his mind? That's how it should be in a marriage- there is rarely ever a "me", it is replaced by "we" and all decisions need to benefit both in some way. Sounds like this just benefits his ego. I don't know how you two function as a married couple- no offense. As I was thinking about it, all I could think of was how inconsiderate and selfish it is of him to even pursue this.
There- I said it. Maybe one day when I'm married I'll see how it really is and will stop acting like I know what I'm talking about.
Graeme~
I don't know if the photo shoot is something I feel good about. I am very stressed now, and actually hoping they don't call me back.

Yes, I do have 2 conditions that would make moving to MT not wonderful- Raynaud's syndrome and Seasonal Affective Disorder (depressed when it is gloomy or when there is no sun). I can take care of the SAD w/ a special light, but the Raynaud's has no cure or effective treatment other than drugs which I try to stay away from. G knows about all the reasons I don't want to move back. Sometimes I think he cares and others I don't. He always falls back on the fact that we planned to move back to MT when we first left. Now that I actually like living here, I guess I can't decide I want to stay. I'm trying not to worry about it since the decision hasn't been made yet. I agree a marriage needs to be "we" instead of "me" to work. Thus, I am trying to keep an open mind. I made it for 6 years in MT (miserably), so I'm sure I could make it again.

Your pictures of Graeme make me want to post pictures of my little puppies, but my camera hasn't been working lately.

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!