The Easy Way Out or In???

As usual, on my daily commute I had time to think, and realized an interesting aspect about my human nature. I experience a strong urge to choose the easiest route though life, even though it may not be the best route or make sense in the long run. I also feel extreme guilt for possibly hurting anyone's feelings. The reason I came to this realization is because today I "officially" provided my employer with my written two week notice. I keep having second thoughts and doubting my decision to do what I know is the job I've always wanted. Why would I do such a thing? I realized staying at my current job is the easy solution. I don't have to say goodbye, go through the discomfort of the next two weeks, say bye to my clients, experience a 5% pay decrease and a 13% decrease in 5 mo (since I was getting a raise), etc. In exchange I would keep an incredibly stressful and draining job with no personal life, and as my chiropractor said...be on the fast track to 80! Thank God I felt the fear and did it anyway! I put in my two weeks notice...My supervisor was out today, so I guess I will reap the repercussions tomorrow, but the BIG BOSS told me she would be sad to see me go, especially since I am so smart and dedicated to my clients. All my coworkers were sad today, I could see it on their faces, but they were happy I was getting out of the hole.

So, after processing my realization all day long I also realized this incident relates to J as well. I knew he was the right guy for me and we were perfect together, but I stayed with G because it was easier than saying goodbye to another guy in my life. How sad! Looking back I have no regrets though. I am glad I finally learned from my mistake and didn't make the same mistake again. I am happy with G and think I have finally moved on from J. I haven't dreamed of him for a long time, I also don't feel an overwhelming urge to contact him all the time. Now, he resides in my mind as "just some guy from my past who I used to love romantically". I still care very much about J as a friend, but something has changed in my feelings towards him. I don't how how or when, but I feel differently now. I think I finally reached acceptance of my past mistakes and decided I need to move on instead of dwelling in the past. Yay for me! Maybe I will have another break down, but I will utilize everything I've learned throughout my tremendous growth process, and continue to move forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!