How many hours does it take to change a light bulb?

Yesterday my tire blew out as I was driving down the highway . I could not stop for several miles, but was finally able to pull off safely. I called G and roadside assistance. I waited for 1.5 hours before the roadside assistance responder finally arrived. I hopefully assisted him with the spare and waited...and waited. Finally the guy told me he could not change my tire because the lug nuts were over tightened and stripped. He then left me again stranded on the side of the road in the middle of farm fields. I again called roadside assistance who said they would send out a tow truck this time and the wait would be another 1.5 hours! I waited and waited some more twiddling my thumbs until G arrived 2 hours from my initial strandation. He thankfully took me home a little after 5 pm. (I am a little agrivated with him though because he normally arrives home around 3:30 and didn't get home until after 5 pm! In addition it took him two hours to come home from when I initially called him when it should not have taken more than one hour.)In the mean time G drove to our vehicle several times to "wait" for the supposed tow truck to take our car to a dealership 40 miles across town. The tow truck did not arrive until 10:30 pm (thank God I had someone to pick me up in the 100 degree weather)!!! Since it was so late our car had to be stored overnight and then brought to the dealership this morning. G and I both had to go to the dealership at 7 am and wait around for service so I could get a rental car. At 12 pm today (21 hours later) I finally had my tire changed. Not to mention this was my second flat tire in less than 2 months that was completely destroyed. It is also nice to mention that new vehicles to not carry road hazard for tires, so we are finally giving up and purchasing all new tires, even though our tires "supposedly" have 20k miles left.

Just last month we had our 30k mile service completed at the dealership and we assumed they knew how to put on a tire! So because some guy (I assume) doesn't know how to properly tighten lug nuts we had to go through a huge ordeal just to get a flat changed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!