Eliminate Unrealistic Expectations

I have been feeling so angry towards G and I don't know if anything is salvageable at this point. I don't know how to get beyond these feelings of frustration and anger I have towards him. Part of me wonders if I am being unfair and unreasonable. If I am, I don't know how to not be in this situation? Since G lost his job I feel that he could be helping out a lot more than he is. He is leaving tomorrow super early (I have to drive him to the airport at 6 am 80 miles away!), when I have to work till about 10 pm tomorrow. I am a little pissed, as this is for a supposed job interview up North near our families, but it really isn't. It is a front for him to go screw off and go skiing for 4 days. I would normally think ok, great, he deserves some time off an a break. However, after the last 1.5 weeks I don't think so. I've been working my ass of with 80 or more hours per week. I worked almost all last weekend, yet why is the house still a disaster now that he has all this free time? I feel like it is a huge slap in the face when I am gone all day and feeling exhausted, yet he has the attitude that he doesn't have to do a damn thing to help out, and if he does he deserves unlimited praise and gratification for all that he's done. In addition, if he does anything, he makes a bigger mess in the process, which makes it worthless for him to do anything to begin with. I mean seriously!!! He promised he would have the house clean so I can have "girls night" on Friday, yet it is still a disaster and he will be leaving in less than 11 hours. He left to BS with the neighbors as soon as I arrived home. I didn't get a "hi", "How are you?", "How was your day?", I got a big fat nothing!
I do feel like I am being a bit selfish in my expectations, but I'm sorry I did not sign up to support a lazy ass couch potato that is rude and inconsiderate. I shouldn't even be working right now, yet someone has to. And it isn't G! I figure he could at least help out around the house without making it seem like a huge chore and inconvenience. I'm just so mad! I don't know what to do or how to change my feelings? I look at him and feel resentment and disdain. I don't even know what my options are at this point. I want to tell him to get the hell out, as it would be easier to support myself and clean up after myself, than worrying about his lazy ass and his messes too.
I am mad that he said he wasn't even planning to start work until after April 1st so he can help me after my surgery. This is not the job market to be waiting around and making time demands. Plus, I had a very painful procedure done on Monday and he argued with me the entire day, then proceeded to talk about how painful it was going to be before I had the procedure, ie: "imagine how much it is going to hurt when...". As if I wasn't already stressed about it enough and having a hard time not thinking about it, without him rudely trying to make me feel even worse and more stressed. I see him doing the same thing after my surgery. He will make me feel miserable at home since I can't drive for 2 weeks and do nothing to help but sit on Facebook and watch TV. Another reason he is waiting, is because his dad is coming at the end of March to visit. Ok, lets not work or try to find a job because someone is coming to visit in 1.5 months. Wow, that makes sense! I could just scream!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!