Dead End or Deliverance?

Well I have mixed news.
First, we are first in line to get on the main list for our adoption, meaning we will soon be in the pool for birthmoms to choose from.
After this great news, I felt like my luck was finally changing and I actually received positive news for once.
Then, I get home and G is home super early. I ask why and he said he was laid off! I couldn't believe it. Now our income is down to 1/3 of what it was before. I thought G would decide to actually help out around the house now, but I was wrong. It has almost been one week and he has washed the dishes, unloaded the dishwasher and spent the whole week screwing off on the internet and watching tv. I'm sorry, but I have been working 80+ hours per week and I get that level of help? It really pisses me of to be frank, because I am not feeling well, needed to work less because I am so exhausted, but now I have to work more and G is a lazy ass that I am now supporting. It just really pisses me off. Now, he has been gone all day watching tennis with his cousin, and he hates tennis. I just thought he would be a little more considerate. Then he goes and buys a $600 .22 hand gun, when we talked about it and I said it was a bad idea. He buys it as a "gift" for me! Yeah right!!! Ugggh. I am so pissed! He is saying that he doens't want to start working until at least April 1st, so he can help me out after my surgery. What a crock! Now we only have 1 vehicle since G's was a company vehicle. I don't know if I have the wrong attitude, but I'm just feeling resentful. I am from the traditional mind set that the man is the primary provider, not the say at home lazy ass. It is especially upsetting since I am not feeling well and he isn't helping very much.
In addition, we got some terrible news on Sunday. One of our married friends with 5 kids commited suicide on Sunday. He was a youth pastor and it is just devestating and sad news.
Now for some better news. I was able to get my surgery scheduled for 3/9! The doctor initially said he was booked until July, but they happened to have a cancellation for 3/9. It should give me time to visit my sister when she has her baby if I am feeling well enough. It will be a very complex surgery involving the bladder, ovaries, removal of the apendix, removal of endometrial lesions, and severing the nerves to the uterus. He is going to use a robot and will make 5 small incisions. I am excited and finally feel hopefull for the first time in a long time. I will be out of work for a minimum of 6-8 weeks. I only get paid about half what I make now (due to all my extra hours now) for 6 weeks, then I get nothing! I told G he better find a job, because we can't survive on his unemployment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!