Clear as Mud?

I went to the naturopath on Friday and finally felt like I received some answers! She put me on armour thyroid to increase thyroid hormones. I thought I was supposed to loose weight, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I get my levels retested in 3 months to determine if it is working. I am still supposed to take Lugol's iodine, vitex, and high EPA fish oil. She said I am already doing everything I can. She suggested taking oral Progesterone supplementation because I am deficient. However, I am faced with the same predicament as before. First, the side effects of the oral form and the dose seems too low. Then what to do when I need to start my period....if I am pregnant and stop, it can cause a miscarriage, but continually taking it stops menstruation. I expected an answer for the predicament, but she didn't have one. I was told to just keep taking it until I happen to start my period. I don't see it working as my cycle is already messed up. I've been 2 weeks late for the last 2 cycles with extreme pain and clots.
I pray it will work and maybe even help me get pregnant and maintain a pregnancy.
She also thinks I have more going on...another auto immune disorder. She thinks my body is very suppressed, my BP too low, and too many other symptoms to explain by my current diagnosis. My insurance is refusing to pay for my labs now because they are deemed "medically necessary". I guess they will pay for labs that are NOT medically necessary, if that makes sense? Thus, I will have to pay for my labs out of pocket to get tested for more auto immune diseases. It scares me because one of my best friends just died from her auto immune disease. To know or not to know?

Comments

Nancy said…
Hi. The only website that I can say really helped me is the Stop the Thyroid Madness website. http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com I also was put on Armour like you, but the website gave me a lot more meat to take back to my doctor. Actually, I got the book and have highlighted it to death, and take it in when I need to bring up more. ha

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Think Happy Thoughts....?