This sounds about right...

I found this great website that actually lists some accurate information about temperaments and personalities. It seems over the course of my blog, I have struggled in my relationship with G, due to thoughts about J. This section seems to explain my struggle so well, even though I haven't had an affair or nor am I planning one (I am in the "idealist" category): "Most Idealists have a difficult time with sustained infidelity. They have a high need to be true to themselves, and they tend to have a romantic view of love. Infidelity is inconsistent with both of these. If you have made a commitment to a person, being unfaithful to them means being untrue to yourself. Unfaithfulness and romantic love just don't mix. Affairs tend to be short-lived because guilt kicks in fairly soon." Plus mix in convictions and values from my faith, and we have an intensely complex and contradictory situation!

It's never enough to say I'm sorry

It's never enough to say I care

But I'm caught between what you

Wanted from me, and knowing

If I give that to ya

I might just disappear.

Nobody wins when everyone's losing

Oh, it's like

One step forward and two steps back

No matter what I do you're always mad

And I can't change your mind, Oh, it's like

Trying to turn around on a one way street

I can't give you what you want

And it's killing me and I, I'm starting to see

Maybe we're not meant to be

It's never enough to say I love you

No, it's never enough to say I try

It's hard to believe that's there's

No way out for you and me

And it seems to be, The story of our life

Nobody wins when everyone's losing

It's like one step forward and two steps back

No matter what I do you're always mad

And I can't change your mind, oh

It's like trying to turn around on a

One way street.

I can't giveYou what you want and it's killing me

And I, I'm starting to see

That maybe we're not meant to be

There's still time to turn this around

Should we be building this up

Instead of tearing it down

But I keep thinking

Maybe it's too late.

It's like one step forward

And two steps back, No matter what I doYou're always mad

And I, can't change your mind, oh

It's like tryin to turn around

On a one way street

I can't give you what you want

And it's killing me and I, I finally see, Baby we're not meant to be

It's like one step forward, And two steps back, No matter what I doYou're always mad, And I, Baby I'm sorry to see, Maybe we're not meant to be.

~Theory of a Deadman "Not Meant to Be"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!