An Answer...

Today my heart sank as I listened to a message from the Dr. They wanted me to call to get my lab results. I have anxiously awaited all week for this call, but why was I so nervous and trembling as I hit redial? As the words came out I felt shock, yet relief. Relief because maybe I finally had somewhat of an explanation as to what has been ailing me. I now have to see an endocrinologist for additional testing to determine what else I may or may not have. The name of the game seems to be Hashimoto's Disease. Essentially, an auto-immune disorder, the body attacks the Thyroid gland, leaving it ineffective, resulting in hypothyroidism. Thus, I may have an explanation for a array of symptoms including: pale complexion, low cold tolerance, depression, memory loss, joint pain- especially in the shoulders and hips, dry skin/hair, hair loss, fatigue, random weight gain, muscle cramps, high LDL cholesterol and slow pulse. In retrospect, I can see the symptoms fall into place, especially in college. I experienced extreme depression, had high LDL cholesterol for no explainable reason, and gradually developed an extreme intolerance for any type of cold. The other symptoms also increased in intensity over the last 12 years. I pray that this is also related to my infertility. Could an answer finally be looming?
It seems that no cure exists, however, with lifelong treatment most people can live a normal life.
I really wish G was here. I need a hug right now, and someone to help me process everything going through my mind. I feel like I have to hold myself together right now, at least until he comes home on Saturday. As a small consolation, he did send this brief message this morning, "Good Morning! I want you to know that you are the love of my life and I am extremely happy to be married to you. I love you!"
Breathe...................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!