Moving Forward

Maybe someone could tell me why my blog keeps changing my text to Hindi? I have to type in the "edit HTML" window or the text turns to Hindi. English isn't an option on the pull down bar, only other aramaic languages.

A few months ago I linked a previous blog to my current blog। When I first started the other blog I sent links to some people I knew। Thus, if they remember the link 2 years later they can also see my "anonymous" blog. I felt vulnerable at first, but now I don't care. If someone I know reads my blog and thinks differently of me or judges me, then let the one who has lived a perfect life be the one to throw a stone. I'm human, but the best thing is that I try to learn from my mistakes and I've come so far. I'm not afraid of the past, nor am I afraid to look back and see the imense journey I've traveled to get where I am today.

This week I made a few resolutions for myself. One of my largest struggles in life revolves around my diet. I really eat a horrible diet, but people wouldn't guess because I have a below average weight. Sugar and processed carbs are my demise and would be all I ate if I could. In the past I've focused on trying to cut out the bad foods, which left them constantly on the forefront of my mind. Last night I came to the realization that I need to focus on the good vs. bad. Therefore, I'm going to focus on eating one balanced meal per day (or at least have things I've eaten throughout the day add up to a balanced meal). After I can achieve that monumental feat, then I will move on to trying to reduce the negative foods. I'm thinking that I will naturally start to make healthier choices if I eat a more balanced diet and start to feel better. I often get discouraged because I feel terrible, thus I think "what the hell, I feel bad anyway"; then the cycle continues.

Secondly, I decided I needed to finalize my will. I won't live forever and am certainly worth more dead than alive. I also want to make sure my wishes are carried out, primarily, that my dogs are taken care of. I suspect that my male may have hip problems (I need to schedule an appointment at the vet, I already know just x-rays will run over $400). He does fine most of the time, but once every 2-3 months I see him limp for a few seconds on his back leg. He still runs, plays and jumps, but I want to make sure he is ok. Thus, they receive a good chunk of change to be used on their expenses. G and I thought about some really cool and creative ideas for our wills. I want my family to know I really thought about them and cared enough to take the time to have an estate plan. It was also important that we have the discussion about the disbursement of our personal effects. I never knew what things G wanted to give to a certain person, so now I know. I'm still in the entry stages, but making some progress. I still need to talk to my brother. I think my family thought I was weird talking to them about death, but I am comfortable with the topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Think Happy Thoughts....?