A Decision....I Hope!


I am so excited to say that I think we finally found an adoption agency to go with. We attended the orientation for Catholic Charities last night and both felt that "this is the place". I only had a few negatives: we will have to pay $1300 more because we already have a completed home study, and the average wait for a placement is 2 years. I do not like the numbers, but I feel that this agency takes steps to ensure birth moms are taken care of regardless of whether they choose to give their child up for adoption or not. Some places pay birth moms for their babies and only give supports if they sign away their rights. I want the entire process to be positive for all involved. They also offer life long support if needed. We have to go in for one more meeting to sign a contract. I am hopeful that this is the one. It is the first agency I've found with no hidden fees and no risk to our investment. We have a price and know the fees will not exceed that amount. It is a lot, still, but hopefully a small price to pay in the end for a new addition to our family. The program we are signing up for is for infant private adoptions. However, we can still consider adoptions of children in the foster system with rights severed without going through the hassle of becoming licensed foster parents. I told my mom and she sounded excited and relieved. I still want to convince her that we are getting an African American baby, even if we don't, until she actually sees the baby. I don't know why my parents seem to have an issue with race? My only issue involves the potential barriers and comments the child will receive growing up; because obviously, every one will know the child has been adopted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!