I have not heard back from the case worker yet, but expect to hear tomorrow. I anticipate that she may tell us we need to complete the PS-MAPP training classes before we can move ahead and make what they would deem, an informed decision. I am already familiar w/ the information in the classes, but G is not. Since the classes are 12 weeks long for 3 hours a week, G said he may not make all the classes. I feel this is vital to him understanding the process and hope he will make them his first priority.
I talked with my mom today and informed her that we planned to move forward with the process. She said she was supportive and could not understand her friends reaction. I told her the way she wrote the email made it sound as if that was her personal opinion as well, since she never conveyed or said she was supportive until today. I made it clear that we would change our guardianship plan if needed so that our child would be placed in a loving and supportive home if something were to happen to us. Our guardianship plan currently calls for my parents to have custody. She said she was fine with that, but wasn't sure how my dad would feel. She was distracted, trying to buy "stuff" for my new niece. I told her that we were making this decision out of love, not fear about the discomfort or challenges we may face. She retorted, saying "It will certainly be a lot more than a little discomfort". I told her that she did not know what the outcome would be. G said it best, that she gave a superficial "supportive", yet ambivalent response. I think she needs time to let it settle. G has decided to refrain from telling his parents until we are further along in the process. I feel it is best to inform my family, so they have time to process and accept our choices, regardless of the outcome. And also, so we can get a true depiction of their real reactions. I have developed a lot of respect for G through this process. He has reacted in such a mature and faithful manner, exactly how I anticipated my mom would react. It is interesting that G had the reaction I expected from my mom, and my mom displayed the reaction I expected from G. An I used to have so much respect for her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!