Push Over

Call me naive, ignorant, or in denial, but I decided to drop the issue with G viewing my blog and lying about it. He still insists that he never viewed it. Deep inside I know he did, but it makes life so much easier to overlook his indiscretion. I was reminded of my disposition after watching "He's Just Not that in to You" recently, when the wife decided to work on her marriage after finding out she was being cheated on, but filed for divorce after discovering her husband habitually lied to her about smoking. I guess making a huge issue over something so small makes no sense when we have been together for so long. In addition, G's indiscretion will be no more since I decided to make my blog private. I am bummed because I did have some loyal readers who I was not able to add before I locked down my account. I don't know if it even matters, as I hardly have time to write anymore, nor time to think about what could be boggling my mind.
I spent the previous week and a half obtaining a much needed reprieve from the heat and idiosyncrasies of daily life. I have been working 2-3 times as much as I did during the first quarter and all of last year. It is a good thing I moved to an hourly system; even though I don't get overtime my pay checks have been about double. I think we only have 1-2 more months before we pay off our house. I am so excited to be 100% debt free, only 5 years after graduating college. I am always so thankful both G and I have somewhat stable jobs and the sense to manage our money extremely well. I just worry about the risks involved when G decides to start up a company or business venture.
Since my last post I've been anticipating some potential life changing news. I applied for the Director of Operations at a company in my home town in May. My qualifications actually fit most of the job description, so I submitted my resume at G's request. I wasn't expecting a response, but was astounded when they contacted me less than 24 hours after my submission. I made it to round 4 of 6 before being notified that I was not selected last week. I was a little disappointed because it would be nice to live near family, not to mention the 40% increase in salary. I am trying to talk my sister in law into putting a good word in for me at her job for the assistant manager position. It is a little out of my specialty, but the salary would be similar to the Director position in my home town. I don't know how long I could stand the job, as they require opening at 6 am one week, then closing at 9 pm the alternate week. The crazy schedule would wreck havoc on one's body and circadian rhythm. However, it would allow us to move back near family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!