I sit here in extreme pain wondering if this is it? Is this how I have to spend the rest of my life? I felt so hopeful after being diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and getting treatment, however three months later I find myself in the same place with no progress. Here is a pathetic list of symptoms related to Hashimoto's that have gotten worse or not resolved:

  • Less stamina than others
  • Less energy than others
  • Long recovery period after any activity (9 days after tubing 1x on vacation!)
  • Inability to hold children for very long
  • Arms feeling like dead weights after activity
  • Chronic Low Grade Depression
  • Often feeling cold
  • Cold hands and feet
  • High or rising cholesterol
  • Bizarre and Debilitating reaction to exercise
  • Loss of eye lashes
  • Dry Hair
  • Hair Loss
  • Dry cracking skin
  • Requires naps in the afternoon
  • Air Hunger (feeling like you can’t get enough air)
  • Forgetfulness
  • Foggy thinking
  • Inability to lose weight
  • gaining weight
  • Low sex drive
  • PMS
  • Inability to get pregnant; miscarriages
  • Excruciating pain during period
  • Nausea
  • Swelling/edema/puffiness
  • Aching bones/muscles
  • Acne on face and in hair
  • Breakout on chest and arms
  • Hives
  • Exhaustion in every dimension–physical, mental, spiritual, emotional
  • Slowing to a snail’s pace when walking up slight grade
  • Internal itching of ears
  • Broken/peeling fingernails
  • Dry skin or snake skin
  • Major anxiety/worry
  • Ringing in ears
  • Lactose Intolerance
  • Joint pain
  • Low body temperature
  • Tightness in throat; sore throat
  • Swollen lymph glands
  • Allergies (which can also be a result of low cortisol–common with hypothyroid patients)
  • Headaches and Migraines
  • Sore feet (plantar fascitis); painful soles of feet
  • Cold Tush

So, when I call the doctor to tell them the medication is not working, why do they act like it is all in my head? The issues with my sacrum have been worsening too. I would say that at least 5 days a week I experience severe shooting pains in my hip that radiate up my back and down my leg. Sometimes I can't even walk. I don't know who can help me with this. I've been to acupuncture and chiropractors and received only temporary relief. Again, when I try to explain this, it seems like no one cares or they think I am making it up, except for my acupuncturist. Every day I struggle to get out of bed in the morning I wonder why I even do it. Today I couldn't go in for work due to a massive migraine and severe menstrual pain. I'm hoping I can still go in this afternoon, as I am overbooked for appointments as usual. This is where I wish I could make my blog public because someone did refer me to a really good website about thyroid problems. I don't know what else to do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!