Hope

What a difference a week can make!
On Monday I started drinking 3 cups of a specialized Chinese herbal formula. I noticed an immediate difference. For the first time in three months I had energy and didn't crash in the afternoon. The same effects have continued thought the week and I'm even experiencing fewer hot flashes. The only problem is that the formula makes me gag, but it is a small price for the awesome effects.

During my Thursday acupuncture treatment my acupuncturist asked if I experience difficulty with decision making. I thought about it, and completely agreed. Prior to her blunt question, I never viewed myself as indecisive. She said it can be cause by an issue with the gall bladder and liver. Supposedly she treated both during my session, so I will see if I feel more decisive.

Earlier this week I could not decide if I wanted to take my final injection or not. Once I thought I made up my mind to get the injection, my acupuncturist called and told me she found several studies that proved the effectiveness of Chinese herbs vs. GnRH inhibitors. I did my research and changed my mind about the injection. To my dismay it was too late because the pharmacy already shipped my injection and my insurance already paid for it. If I didn't get it I would have to pay $1700 out of pocket!!! So yesterday I went in for the injection. I immediately felt nauseous. Last night I felt very achy and experienced severe bone and joint pain. I fear (as studies prove) the drug is leaching bone mass from my spine making me at increased risk for developing osteoporosis early in life. I can't do anything to change the outcome now, but feel hopeful, because I do have another option. I found a study in a Chinese medical journal indicating that increasing blood stasis, along with several other techniques, can significantly decrease pain associated with Endometriosis in 80-98% of patients. In addition, the study noted a pregnancy rate of 60%, compared to only 25% with GnRH drugs. Effects from the herbs also lasted much longer than those noted with Western drugs. I have to keep telling myself it will only be another three months. I am ready to face the battle, especially since I've found a safe alternative to alleviate some of the side effects.

13"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]." Philippians 4:13 (Amplified)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!