Taking Control

Although I've been extremely busy the past week, efforts to hopefully improve my health seemed to fall into place. I learned that one of my clients is studying Chinese medicine and acupuncture. She made me an appointment for Saturday for a consultation and acupuncture session. I'm excited, yet a little hesitant since I prefer to avoid needles. She said acupuncture has been proven to increase infertility and help with numerous other health issues such as poor circulation, asthma, and allergies. I also went to the gym for the first time in over a year! Graeme would be so proud that I attended my first yoga session. I'm not so sure about the whole yoga thing yet, but am willing to give it a try. I have a few days left of my "trial" gym membership to decide. I certainly felt a little sore afterwards. I also tried to use the elliptical machine and felt like an old woman. I am so out of shape, I could hardly breathe after only a half mile because of an asthma attack.

Today while working I felt the strongest urge to work towards completing my foster parent certification. Being thrown into parenthood seems so scary, but I know I have so much to offer children from an emotional, psychological, and educational perspective. I attended a foster parent class a few years ago, but G talked me out of continuing additional pursuits. I guess I will have to talk him into giving it a chance. He is concerned foster children will destroy our house or hurt our pets. Stuff is just stuff, and most kids don't try to hurt animals and wouldn't be able to unless they were left alone. I don't plan on leaving children unattended. I would have to clean out my guest rooms and sell some furniture.

Earlier this week my sister also mentioned that she has been contemplating living with us for a few months. She just graduated high school and her employer could possibly temporarily transfer her position. I would be so excited to have more company, so I hope she seriously considers the move.

I think that is all for now. I now have 4 days of no appointments, so maybe I can catch up on school and study for midterms.

P.S. I almost forgot... I cut 15" off my hair on Friday! I woke up knowing what I had to do and did it without telling anyone. It feels weird to say, but I feel like a new woman. The look on G's face was absolutely priceless. He loves it and can't believe I could be so spontaneous. It seems to have increased his physical attraction to me. In reality my hair was so thin from loosing so much over the last few months, I couldn't really fix it anymore. It is now so cute, trendy, and easy to fix. Since it is so unlike me, people look twice or three times, to make sure it is me. I thought my mom would hate it, since her and my sister didn't want me to cut my hair; but they both like it. My sister said "it makes you look 32" (ok?). So I am mailing what little hair I had left to Locks of Love so maybe a little girl can have real hair.

Comments

brian luenemann said…
I'm glad to hear that you gave yoga a shot. What do you think? What kind of yoga was it? I taught my first class in three weeks tonight and felt wonderful for the first time in about three weeks:) I hope you had a good experience with it, and if not I encourage you to try a different class.
I spent a couple years with acupuncture needles in me, too. Loved it. Hope it works for you.
I'm not sure about the yoga thing yet. I will have to try a few more times. I didn't even know different types existed? It was a beginner class if that helps. I still need to commit to a gym membership though.

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Think Happy Thoughts....?