Blessings Flow

Yesterday, G left for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for "work". I was quite upset, because as of Tuesday he still hadn't emailed me his itinerary. He made a huge deal about having to go to work before he left because he "forgot" every day for the last week to email it to me. I was feeling a bit paranoid about ulterior motives because it seemed like he was trying to hide something, but I feel fine now. I can trust that he isn't the same person he used to be and is a responsible, committed husband. Hence, only 6/15 people made it fishing today because they were hung over and only 3 actually fished because the others were sea sick.

I'm happy he could go, but a little jealous because I want to be there too! He is staying in a $400/night room at the ME Cabo...seems like a very nice, trendy resort. He is eating lobster for dinner every night. Today he went fishing today and caught a 150lb blue marlin! He is also fishing tomorrow and then coming home on Saturday afternoon. I guess it pays to have good consumer relations with people...since he is the only one from his company of 600+ employees who was invited from one of his contractors. I'm guessing the total trip will be at least $3500...we have only spent that much once and it was our honeymoon!

I'm quite excited that my sister will be here in one week now! I haven't seen her for 6 months. I am on the verge of scheduling my surgery at the end of July or beginning of August. I talked to the doctor today!!!! (this is the first time ever I have received a call from the doctor to discuss my questions and concerns!) I am feeling so much more confident now, but still have to determine if my insurance will cover 1 of the 3 procedures. It looks like I will be taking a month off work in only 1.5 months. Thankfully I have an awesome job and have enough sick leave and vacation. Did I mention that I love my job! I looked in my checking account and thought there was a major error in my paycheck. I went to the mail box to check my pay stub and sure enough they offered a one time bonus of 5% of my salary due to a surplus (I already received a bonus in December)! In addition, they also raised mileage by 13%, which is nice since gas is now $3 per gallon. I'm so glad our gas hog was stolen 2 years ago so we could purchase a fuel efficient vehicle (blessings happen in the oddest ways sometimes). Thus, G and I don't pay for gas at all because he has a gas card and my mileage payments more than cover my leisure driving.

I have a friend who is a far liberal, atheist. Her comments and thoughts drive me crazy sometimes. For example, today she said, "Apparently GOD is a big fan of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's", because Bush vetoed the stem cell research bill that would allow researchers to kill LIVE embryos. Illness happens, but I'm not willing to kill thousands of lives so I can live. I can't believe how selfish our society is. We live in a ME driven society, where every man fights to enrich him/herself while others suffer in the aftermath. Our country is so keen to judge the suicide bombers, who kill innocent people, but look at our own country! Imagine if everyone treated others with love and kindness instead of selfish ambition. Ok, I will get off my soap box. I can't change the world or other people, but I can change my own attitude and actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!