Bewilderment in the Night...

I feel so bewildered about a dream I had last night. I know dreams don't necessarily foretell the past or present, but I still can't shake the disturbing feelings arising from my dream. My dream arose from somewhere within my subconscious, thus I can't determine why? I haven't been thinking of J at all lately. I dreamed that J and I were supposed to be getting married to different people, but somehow ended up at the same wedding. I was standing before him at the altar completely bewildered, but somewhat hopeful. We then began whispering to each other about our lives and the different paths we took since the last time we met. His face was all tattooed and evidently he was participating in tagging (defacement of public property) and gang activity. He said he cheated on me the entire time we were together and said he wanted to talk to me alone. I was horrified, shocked and completely bewildered. Several hours later I still don't know what to think? Maybe subconsciously I need to make him out to be a monster so I can move on without looking back or ahead to a future that won't or shouldn't exist? I don't know? I can't recall the rest of the dream, which I know was much less disturbing. I think we are both at a point in our lives where we want to move forward with other people, and leave our connection in the past.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think not so much pastrami for you right before bed-time.

Seriously, I think dreams are like those ink-blot tests where what you see in the nothingness of the ink tells the head-shrink what's on your mind. So, however you interpret this dream, that's what your subconscious is probably trying to tell you.

Hang in there. Things will change, one way or the other, eventually.
Love your description of a "dream". Definitely made me laugh. But seriously... dreams are formed from somewhere within as a conglomeration of thoughts and information processed during life. Somewhere inside thoughts of J still exist...resulting in crazy dreams!

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!