When is it not worth it anymore?

After this last week of unbearable pain and a trip to the ER, I am seriously wondering what is there to live for anymore? Each day is such a struggle from the constant pain and knowing that I will probably have to live with it for the rest of my life. It seems the only thing I do live for is work. I've been working 12-14 hour days and G has been out of town for the last 3 weeks. I feel so alone. At the ER they ran lots of tests and could only tell me I "might" have a bladder infection and probably had ruptured ovarian cysts. They found more cysts on my ovaries. My choices are pain management or removal of the ovaries. Then I would be put into permanent menopause, which is hell, from previous experience. The pain is so debilitating I can't even move from the fetal position for hours at a time. The pain medication does nothing for the pain, plus I can't take it and drive. I've had a few bladder infections and I don't think I have one. I do everything right and drink lots of pure cranberry juice daily. This is a different pain, a constant pressure and ache. I pass tissue and blood, with urgency, but no burning and inability to go. I personally think it is a different issue, but feel like no one will listen. During surgery 2.5 yrs ago, they said the endometrial lesions covered my bladder. Endometriosis can eat through tissue and destroy organs, which I wonder if that has happened. It seems to get worse during menses, which happens with all the lesions. I don't know who I can see that will take me seriously. Before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's I felt the same way; like I was crazy for having all these symptoms that must be in my head because the doctors weren't smart enough to run a simple blood test.
I know G would move on quickly. I never see my family anyway and they never care to visit. Why does life have to be so painful? I just don't know how much longer I can keep it up. What kind of life could I provide for a child when I suffer from chronic pain? Why does everything have no cure, no hope?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!