How did I know?

I was right! My meeting today went terribly. First, they spent 20 minutes telling us how great we are and that we are the top performing agency in the state. Then, proceeded to tell us they weren't cutting our salaries or benefits, but....we have to work 600 more hours per year to maintain the same salary and benefits. Now that is what I call a crock of shit! In essence, If I continue to keep the same work load I will get a 20% reduction in pay and benefits, if I even qualify for benefits at all. All my raises over the last 3 years mean nothing. I am back below my starting salary several years ago. I bet I would make much more as a manager at McDonald's. That is just a swell way to treat loyal and educated employees. Plus, we get 30% less vacation per year. Some people I'm sure were happy about the change because they can only work an hour and bill for 3 hours, but I have to work 1.5 hours just to bill for a single hour. We are supposed to have the same pay with the same work load, but it is no longer the case. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. G thinks I should quit (as always). I will probably stay on through March, as my benefits won't be impacted until April. I guess I can always sign on as a teacher in the summer. Teacher's make excellent pay compared to what I will get now. I can't believe it! Of course, I couldn't get paid for a job I actually enjoy, that would be too perfect for my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!