Family...can't live with them, can't live without them

Our trip was eventful to say the least. We had a great time and thought everything was fine. However, I guess it wasn't after having my family blow up after returning. We thought we understood in advance that my parents would drop us off at G's boss' home, which was on the "planned route" of our trip. However, the plan suddenly changed and there was no plan, when my parents decided to be difficult. When we returned from the trip and planned to spend 3 days in our home town I called my mom to invite them for dinner. She blew a top and went off on me. She said it was my fault she had a horrible trip and my fault that my dad hurt his leg (when is was injured in a snowmobiling accident in February!). G drove most of the trip and we stopped whenever anyone wanted to. She also said I was extremely cold hearted. Mind you, prior to this, I had no idea there were any issues. Evidently, my parents didn't want to drop us off at G's boss', because they thought the vacation should be about them the entire 9 days! I refuse to take responsibility for someone else's enjoyment of a trip. Particularly when we made no requests over the 9 days other than to be dropped off on the 7th day on a route that was on the way. My mom also said that we didn't pay for anything! We paid for at least half of the trip, plus our plane expenses to meet them. G thought we should send her a bill for everything we paid for so she could feel justified and accurately make the statement. My parents and sister also ignored us for the remainder of our trip. Only my mom saw us and said goodbye right before we went home (supposedly she only saw us because she wanted to see our nephew, who was with us). I think this will be the last trip we ever take with my parents.
I am glad we won't be returning for over a year!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!