Craziest Year of My Life!!!!

Well, February 2010-February 2011 marks the most eventful period of my entire life. We started w/ a possible ovarian cancer diagnosis, G loosing his job the same week, me undergoing major surgery in March-no cancer, but no help for my chronic pain, G finding a new job in April, giving up on infertility treatments in July, adopting our precious son at the end of July, finding out I was 5 weeks pregnant when our son was 1 week old, finding out I was allergic to dairy, soy, wheat, and eggs the same week, a trip to Hawaii with our 3 week old in August, surgery for our 6 week old for Pyloric Stenosis in September, a bout with Pneumonia over Christmas, to G moving out of state in January for 11 months for his job. With all these changes, everything has worked out more perfectly than we ever could have imagined. We attribute our blessings to God and still trust he has a plan with the new changes to come.
These few life changes take me to today. To say the least, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! With G out of town, me working full time while  in my 3rd trimester, and taking care of our 6 month old...I am tired. Today we are both sick and not feeling well either, which makes me feel even more strained. I am looking forward to April, when I will take leave from work, hopefully have a healthy baby, and move with G.
Once my maternity leave is up, I will have the challenging decision of whether to go back to work or not. I really love my job and can't envision myself finding a better job...ever! However, having two babies under 8 months, plus breast feeding, and not having G around makes it seem impossible. I am a person that needs to work, so I plan to ask for temporary leave for one year, then will decide at that point if I am cut out to be a stay at home mom.
Through all these changes, G has been so incredible! He helps out so much and has really stepped up with our son. He also did all the night and morning feedings once I found out I was pregnant. It was incredible that we both felt our new son kick for the first time, together. I know I just filled in the major milestones, but all the little things in between have been amazing. We just have to make it through the next 7 weeks apart.
In the mean time I still have to find a new doctor to deliver my baby, choose between a home or hospital birth, finish my hypnobirthing classes, find a doula, and pray G makes it home for the birth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames