Happy New Year...It is so far

I just returned "home" last week from vacation. For the first time ever, my old home didn't feel like home anymore. I really just wanted to come back to what I now consider my newly adopted home. It was nice to see family, but I was quickly reminded of the pettiness and drama when someone started a rumor that I was pregnant and not telling my parents or siblings (yeah!). My grandpa had a stroke on Christmas, so we spent part of the day at the hospital. I realized how distant I feel emotionally from some of my family members. However, I would have been very distraught if it was my other grandma or grandpa, whom I am extremely close to. He seems to be recovering and should be out of therapy in a few weeks. I wish G and I were on the same page as to where we want to live. I want to say somewhere warm, while he wants to move back to our home state (despite the potential health ramifications). He enjoyed hunting and skiing while on vacation, while I sat inside...for over 2 weeks! It was the most boring vacation ever. I told my family I am not going back for Christmas next year, rather I will be going somewhere tropical.
I'm still on the medication that is making my body think I am in menopause for another two weeks (hence, I couldn't possibly be pregnant). I am elated to know that this hell will soon be over. Despite the side effects, I've been feeling the happiest I can recall...ever! I feel that G and I are at a good place in our relationship and really ready to try for kids in the next few months. We completely changed our eating habits and I'm hoping something we are doing will eventually help us conceive. I'm so proud of G for taking everything so seriously. He completely cut out caffeine...from over 25 cups of coffee per week and switched to herbal teas. I continue to receive acupuncture, which helps immensely with my quality of life. In a few weeks we will both switch gears to receive acupuncture and herbs to assist with conception. I really can't wait. My sister-in-law is due in February and I'm so excited for them. I was able to feel the little one kick several times and had to hold back tears (of excitement and sadness).
For anyone trying to get healthy or overcome illness, I recommend reading the book, "Health Secrets "They" Don't Want You to Know About", by Kevin Trudeau. Both of his books can be purchased for free if you pay the shipping (do a Google search). I'm not in total agreement about all of his theories, but think he makes some great health points, which I found are substantiated, even though he doesn't cite references in his books. It reminds me of the damage and destruction caused by greediness in our nation. I also don't agree when he repeatedly mentions he isn't trying to make $, yet he makes many references to his website, which requires a fee. The information he refers to can easily be found on any web search, so I disregarded his claims that the FDA won't allow him to publish certain info in his books.
Today I found out that I won't be loosing my job. I am very happy, because I love working with my families. I could have kept my job if we won a different region, but would have had to endure a hefty commute in addition to spending more time from home. Our bid was accepted for the city I live in among several others, which means I get to keep my current caseload and will keep my tri-daily commute to 5-15 minutes. I am still waiting for approval for the 2nd half of my education program, which means I may have to prolong my education an additional 6 months! I'm not looking forward to starting classes again because I know my stress will skyrocket; not good when we are trying to have a baby. It seems as if G will keep his job for the time being, considering he is flying to TX for a conference in February. He also received a hefty bonus, despite the declining market and decreased company profits.
In addition, I think my dog will be expecting the first week of February. I'm excited to have little puff balls again. I truly enjoy raising puppies, then watching them go to loving homes. I breed them so people with dog allergies (like me) can have a dog, in addition to an amazing companion.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You sound as if your intelligence is not being used in a constructive way. I love your enlightenment and view on life and the world. I came across your blog by accident, and I was suprisingly intrigued.

kevin.g.bailey@uscg.mil

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Craziest Year of My Life!!!!