Crazy...Busy...

I just wanted to say my mom will be 50 this week! I can't believe she will be that old, but still looks so young. Hats off to her for being so active and cancer free for 20 years!
Well, I have 5 of 9 weeks left of my student teaching. I am putting in about 70 hours per week right now with my job, and student teaching. The work load will only increase as I near the end of the 9th week. I am looking forward to the end of March!!! The only reason I have time to write today is because I have been extremely sick for the last week. I cancelled all my appointments for work and have just been going to school. I really needed to be home from school, but can only miss 2 days during the entire 9 weeks! Thus, it seemed like the longest week ever! I need to save one day for when my dog has puppies. I wasn't planning to breed her this time, but she crawled through the baby gate...somehow???? Therefore, we are expecting puppies around March 20th. I believe we already have puppy parents for up to 4 puppies... even though she's only had litters of 2 and 3 puppies in the past.

If anyone is sick, they should try colloidal silver. I took some last night after a horrible day and felt about 50% better in about an hour. I am also taking many other supplements, but the silver was the only new thing I added. I guess it has properties similar to antibiotics, without the side effects and damage to the body. I feel quite a bit better today, but still have a cough with stuffy nose. I feared the infection was going to turn into bronchitis, but thankfully, the shortness of breath greatly improved last night.

I am scheduled to see the Rheumatologist on President's Day to rule out a variety of auto-immune disorders. It is probable that I have Hashimoto's Disease or hypothyroidism on top of my other auto-immune diseases. At this point, I view it as one more thing to add to the growing list of ailments. I wish I or someone could determine the root of all my health issues.

I also have some exciting news....we are starting our home study tomorrow!!! I am so excited. It is the first step needed in any adoption and will take about 3 months to complete. Then we can legally adopt once we find a child. We aren't sure if we want a baby or an older child yet? Ideally, we would find someone outside of an agency who wants to give their baby up for adoption. If not, then we will look at interstate adoption of a foster child/ren who is/are legally free to adopt. It is so amazing how my mind is continually opened to a plethora of possibilities. When I first imagined an adoption I pictured a new infant that was the same race as G and I. However, I am now open to any race and even an older child or sibling group. I have such a heart for the older kids who also need a stable and loving home. I picture us adopting a brother and sister who are under the age of 9 years old. Then I could work as a teacher and even provide additional support by working at the same school as the kids go to. With a baby, I would probably have to take 5 years off work and then it would be very difficult to get a teaching job. I need to teach for a minimum of 3 years before I can obtain a position in school administration. I don't have to work, but am very excited about teaching now. The more time I spend in the classroom, the more I feel ready to have my own room. Regardless, I still question whether we are ready or not for kids. I think one will always have doubts, because kids really require a huge life change. However, I realize that if we waited for perfection we would never have kids...I don't think anyone would.

The prospect of having 1-2 kids in the next 2 years makes me analyze our living situation. We don't have room for 2 kids and don't have a kid friendly backyard. We've been looking at other houses and might put in an offer if we find a great deal. I can't believe how inexpensive houses are now. However, there are bidding wars for the super bargains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written in the Stars

Twin Flames

Think Happy Thoughts....?